The Kingdom of Latis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Travel to a land of myth and adventure.

Home  Main Website  Latest images  Search  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» quester maker
Textures in the making EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 1:02 am by ozm8ey

» It my birthday
Textures in the making EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 10:27 pm by How92

» A new challenger approaches.
Textures in the making EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:20 pm by Komorga

» Citizen Requests
Textures in the making EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 11:58 pm by shadowninja1000

» I decided i would make a statue of myself
Textures in the making EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 8:32 pm by kingsteven0809

» Royals Statues
Textures in the making EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 3:17 pm by E_Hos

» Duping glitch
Textures in the making EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 8:32 pm by Trgomg

» Ideas for the server?
Textures in the making EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 11:48 am by E_Hos

» Help Im stuck...
Textures in the making EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 11:32 am by E_Hos

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posters
Daisy_101
Textures in the making I_vote_lcapTextures in the making I_voting_barTextures in the making I_vote_rcap 
dodsonskan
Textures in the making I_vote_lcapTextures in the making I_voting_barTextures in the making I_vote_rcap 
E_Hos
Brad_M_Wool
xXdracoMalfoyXx
Filmjolk
SparklySpartan
person4949
Trgomg
daring_u200020
Most Viewed Topics
This Forum
Ideas for the server?
Citizen Requests
Textures in the making
John smith texture pack with latis wools
Texturepack
Moving Day!
Mob Rider Plugin Added!!
Plugin Commands
Tree log texture change?

Textures in the making

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Filmjolk

Textures in the making Empty
PostSubject: Textures in the making   Textures in the making EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 10:42 am

I started working on textures today, decided I'd try to make one block/face per day, both 16x and 32x. I started up with cobble seeing how it is the most common building block and most hated. Just doing my final testing on them, should be uploaded within short.

16x
Textures in the making Cobble10
Textures in the making Stoneb10

32x
Textures in the making Cobble11
Textures in the making Stoneb11
Textures in the making Stoneb12

The bottom texture of both 16x and 32x is the latest edition ;)the others are failed versions.
It is seemingly obvious that I started out way too dark. I wantedt the texture to be bricks, but this turned out looking more like the stonebrick texture. the current latis cobble texture is tiny bricks separated by a gray border. I tried making larger bricks but it failed and thus I started making them rounded but still keeping the stacked feel of bricks.
I only plan to change one last thing with the cobble, and that is the space between the stones, it is almost pitch black, I think I will make it a grayish color instead, the contrast is too great atm Wink

also due to using 3 stones instead of 4, it does not make as smooth stairs and halfslabs Sad

...and 90 minutes later... LOL I completely lost the brick style ;)now its just stones :Dbut I like it better now xD will try to change the 16x texture too, just too tired rofl.
32x
Textures in the making V2_cob10
16x
Textures in the making Stoneb13

These are the last ones I'l do for now, I'm ok with the result, wanted bricks and got round stones but meh. The 16x is simply resized version of 32x (only one pixel was changed after resize) there were a few pixels I wanted to change but it was pretty seamless right of the bat so could not be bothered.

There you have it, day 1, cobble day, FINISHED! tomorrow is mossy cobble day xD
Back to top Go down
Filmjolk

PostSubject: Re: Textures in the making   Textures in the making EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 3:51 pm

changed my mind, I'm also finishing ladders today Wink

Worst texture all day.....
Textures in the making Ladder10

this thread has now become my first blog rofl.

played with levels a bit and got
Textures in the making Ladder11

it's not good, but it's not horrible. Working from scratch again :/ ladders are important lol.

32x
Textures in the making Ladder12
Here is the final version for now, I could always make it darker, but atm it looks like a nice rope ladder Smile

16x
Textures in the making Ladder13
new 16x (adjusted levels etc)
Textures in the making Ladder15

the 16x ladder turned out better than the 32x xD will have to redo the 32x tomorrow if I finish mossy cobble early
Back to top Go down
RememberThaName

PostSubject: Re: Textures in the making   Textures in the making EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:52 pm

Hey! I just wanted to say great work on the textures! I love what you have so far and can't wait to see the finished product Very Happy Very Happy Anyway, amazing work and keep doing what you're doing!

-Rem (:
Back to top Go down
Filmjolk

PostSubject: Re: Textures in the making   Textures in the making EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 10:55 pm

Mossy cobble time!

Husky mossy
Textures in the making N28qq010

Textures in the making 3ed1va10

huskyfish made some mossy :)nice work, and less work for me lolol.
Back to top Go down
Filmjolk

PostSubject: Re: Textures in the making   Textures in the making EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 1:38 am

since husky ruined my mossy day :)here are some bedrock and dirt test.

Textures in the making Bedroc10
Textures in the making Bedroc11

Textures in the making Dirt_t10

Bedrock took 10 minutes to make, literally the easiest block ever xD just went nuts with the brush, made highlights, sharpened, made more highlights adjust levels, done. It's not the pretiest bedrock ;)but what is bedrock anyway lol.
Dirt is far from done, that is just a test, I will most likely start from scratch again. It's not even seamless yet, it's just a brown pile of nothing at the moment lol.

32x
Textures in the making Obsidi10
16x
Textures in the making Obsidi11
Obsidian, I wanted to make crystal stripes along the whole block, but couldnt find a good way of doing it without it being too repetitive, so here is crystal formation obsidian instead :)googled around a bit for crystals, found some good ones, made them seamless and recoloured. The 16x is the middle part of the 32x, resizing it completely removed the crystal feel.

Woke up, looked at obsidian.... it is too dark....

new obsidian, I like blueeeee :Dcan always make it purple again in less than 20 seconds if that is desired.
Textures in the making Obsidi12

Started working on netherbrick, 2 hours of work, went pretty straightforward, feels good, reached something I felt comfortable with really fast.
Textures in the making Neterb10
Textures in the making Neterb11

32x
Textures in the making Nether10
made some flat tiles 2x2 with a split second row. then I added some texture. Decided that it wasn't medieval fantasy looking enough, so I went john smith on that netherbrick ;)hope you like it.

Time to fix that 32x ladder...
I didnt fix the ladder... instead I fixed the netherbrick by making the shingles a bit rounder.
Textures in the making Nether11

32x ladder
Textures in the making Ladder16
Back to top Go down
Filmjolk

PostSubject: Re: Textures in the making   Textures in the making EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:08 pm

I have now finsihed the 16x and 32x for 6 textures, here they are compiled so that you may compare.

Textures in the making Curren10
Textures in the making Curren11

went ahead and tried to make some better cobble. managed to make something that kinda looks like SMP's
Textures in the making Stoneb14
Back to top Go down
Filmjolk

PostSubject: Re: Textures in the making   Textures in the making EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 5:38 am

16xTextures in the making Stoneb21
32xTextures in the making Stoneb22
16xTextures in the making Tree_s14
32xTextures in the making Tree_s13
Finished stone brick. First I tried a lighter version, but it was too bright ;)so I added some hue and gave it a redish yellow tint whilst making it a few shades darker at the same time. Spruce log is also done :)I'l try to knock out oak log and birch tomorrow, if not, I'l at least do oak and start on oak or spruce planks. However, I would still like to revise the stone brick, I have never made textures before but I am slowly learning the basics of bricks in seamless patterns ;)I would like to make the stone brick similar to my netherbrick, 4 bricks work better on stairs than 2. I'l take some photos of it at a later date. Here are some photos of the old vs the new stone brick.
Textures in the making 2013-010

also... here is the previous lighter version Wink
Textures in the making Stoneb23

(I will also have to edit the 16x spruce log, too many contrasting pixels, I'l smooth it out later)
16xTextures in the making Stoneb24
32xTextures in the making Stoneb25
New stonebrick, I put the full slab ontop instead, this means that stairs will now have a halfslab facing away from the player. It can be used for building parapets, the merlons will/would look much cleaner. I'l see if I can make a prototype wall and hopefully compare the two.
Back to top Go down
Husky

PostSubject: Husky's Item Progress   Textures in the making EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 1:29 am

Hai hai Husky here! Dumping all the items i've drawn up. Film has altered some of these himself, but i didnt save them, so here are the ones i've done, will update later with the better versions.

Here are The tools!

Textures in the making HE3F6vu

Here's the yummy foods   Pumpkin pie by Film, mine wasnt so appetizing

Textures in the making DqePWIH

And here's the dyes and buckets, also the stick and powders

Textures in the making JSpXCif]
Back to top Go down
Filmjolk

PostSubject: Re: Textures in the making   Textures in the making EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 7:18 am

I really love what you been doing to those 32x textures husky Smile

I'l try to upload some images later so that you can have them hosted somewhere.

Also, I googled for gunpowder to get some inspiration and I found this
Textures in the making China_10
how about making small bags to keep the powder in? :)maybe tiny pouches that spill out some of the dust.
Back to top Go down
Husky

PostSubject: Re: Textures in the making   Textures in the making EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 8:23 pm

Hey Film, i saw ur post and i looked on google images myself, and i found that the gunpowder has a nice, sorta blue hue to it, and so i came up with this

Textures in the making LUu25FU

with a little drawstring bag, like u suggested, it looks so much better than just a pile XD

Also i updated the bucket, it was lookin alittle pink before, so i made it more brown

Textures in the making KFKIG1Y
Back to top Go down
Husky

PostSubject: Re: Textures in the making   Textures in the making EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 8:37 pm

Updated Gunpowder bag, with a darker bag now!

Textures in the making PY9iuFO

and with the final gunpowder i changed the hue and stuff to make GlowStone Dust!

Textures in the making QMhw4X3
Back to top Go down
Filmjolk

PostSubject: Re: Textures in the making   Textures in the making EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 10:16 pm

Textures in the making Charco10
sigh, if only it was 64x I could have made some amazing charcoal then Sad
Back to top Go down
Husky

PostSubject: Re: Textures in the making   Textures in the making EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 3:45 am

Here, film since u dont like the coal u made, i went ahead and tried to make one myself here it is! tell me what u think!

Textures in the making AOl96Xh

and this can be the charcoal

Textures in the making NeR9Ij9

Last edited by Husky on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Husky

PostSubject: Re: Textures in the making   Textures in the making EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 3:54 am

XD   actually.... lol since that charcoal looks like a turd....

heres an alternative:   Its charred wood! It could be animated with a nice glow too!

Textures in the making K0ZlfEs

And while Im at it, i made this carrot on a stick!

SO FRIKEN ADORABLE!

Textures in the making WZ16ePt

Last edited by Husky on Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:52 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Husky

PostSubject: Re: Textures in the making   Textures in the making EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:37 am

Here are the books!

Textures in the making KuFcNa1
Back to top Go down
Filmjolk

PostSubject: Re: Textures in the making   Textures in the making EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 9:28 am

Textures in the making Final_10

charcoal done
Back to top Go down
Husky

PostSubject: Re: Textures in the making   Textures in the making EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 1:11 am

here's the next set of items

Bone, Clay (lol kinda looks like a poop too), rotten flesh, ender pearl, eye of ender, diamond, emerald, and redstone dust

Textures in the making JIcpGvo
Back to top Go down
Filmjolk

PostSubject: Re: Textures in the making   Textures in the making EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:28 am

I give you my heart <3
Textures in the making I_give10
Back to top Go down
Filmjolk

PostSubject: Re: Textures in the making   Textures in the making EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 9:29 pm

At my summer place for the weekend, made some dirt and stone textures

Textures in the making Dirt_t11

Textures in the making Stone_10

Not really super happy with either of them, I'l have to try em out when I get back.

only green wool and some log+plank textures and I'l upload the first version of the pack Smile
Back to top Go down
Filmjolk

PostSubject: Re: Textures in the making   Textures in the making EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 10:48 am

Textures in the making Log_oa10

Textures in the making Cacti_10

Textures in the making Birch10

some stuff I'v been workign on Smile I wanted old birch :/ but I guess quaking aspen looks better. Besides, we can make pando with it Very Happy

the cactus needs top and bottom. I'm thinking flower ontop, lotso f other packs have that too though, so dunno.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Textures in the making   Textures in the making Empty

Back to top Go down

Textures in the making
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Kingdom of Latis :: The Community :: General Discussion-
Jump to: