The Kingdom of Latis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Travel to a land of myth and adventure.

Home  Main Website  Latest images  Search  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» quester maker
Tree log texture change? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 1:02 am by ozm8ey

» It my birthday
Tree log texture change? EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 10:27 pm by How92

» A new challenger approaches.
Tree log texture change? EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:20 pm by Komorga

» Citizen Requests
Tree log texture change? EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 11:58 pm by shadowninja1000

» I decided i would make a statue of myself
Tree log texture change? EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 8:32 pm by kingsteven0809

» Royals Statues
Tree log texture change? EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 3:17 pm by E_Hos

» Duping glitch
Tree log texture change? EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 8:32 pm by Trgomg

» Ideas for the server?
Tree log texture change? EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 11:48 am by E_Hos

» Help Im stuck...
Tree log texture change? EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 11:32 am by E_Hos

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posters
Daisy_101
Tree log texture change? I_vote_lcapTree log texture change? I_voting_barTree log texture change? I_vote_rcap 
dodsonskan
Tree log texture change? I_vote_lcapTree log texture change? I_voting_barTree log texture change? I_vote_rcap 
E_Hos
Brad_M_Wool
xXdracoMalfoyXx
Filmjolk
SparklySpartan
person4949
Trgomg
daring_u200020
Most Viewed Topics
This Forum
Ideas for the server?
Citizen Requests
Textures in the making
John smith texture pack with latis wools
Texturepack
Moving Day!
Mob Rider Plugin Added!!
Plugin Commands
Tree log texture change?

Tree log texture change?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Filmjolk

Tree log texture change? Empty
PostSubject: Tree log texture change?   Tree log texture change? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 2:46 pm

I don't know what file hositing site would be ok to link on the forum, but I would like to host the server texture pack with dokucraft log(wood) textures, that is tree_spruce, tree_jungle, tree_birch and tree_Side (the tree_top is not needed unless you want squircle logs) for people to download and test/try out. Or you can simply replace the mentioned files in the .minecraft\texturepacks\SMPs-Revival.1.5.1_LatisRemix2.zip\textures\blocks fodler with the ones from dokucraft.

I believe the dokucraft log textures give that natural curvature. However, this is only true for birch, tree, and spruce. The jungle dokucraft texture does not have a rounded look, most likely due to jungle trees consisting of 2x2 trunks.
To sum it all up, I'd like to propose a change to the log textures in the Latis pack, either borrowing dokucraft textures (or other 16x16 textures with a rounded look) and giving doku credit or editing the current textures in the latis pack to make them look more rounded.
Back to top Go down
Daisy_101

Admin

Daisy_101

PostSubject: Re: Tree log texture change?   Tree log texture change? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 5:36 pm

The problem with switching the textures for the logs is that SMP Revival pack takes full advantage of Connected Textures Mod (CTM) if we switch textures, we lose the the connected textures or I will have to modify the textures in several places within the pack.

It's not impossible, but it is time consuming. And the new server has been ordered and I need to focus on transitioning the files over to it.

I will take a look at it again once we have moved over to the new server.

Do you have a link to let me see how dokucraft looks? Also is dokucraft 16x ?

~Daisy flower

Back to top Go down
Filmjolk

PostSubject: Re: Tree log texture change?   Tree log texture change? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 6:39 pm

Tree log texture change? Tree_b10
Tree log texture change? Tree_s10
Tree log texture change? Tree_s11

Here are the Three textures, tree_birch tree_side and tree_spruce. Replace them in the texture pack and enjoy Smile remember to rename them to the specified names anyone who wants to try.

the directory should be: \SMPs-Revival.1.5.1_LatisRemix2.zip\textures\blocks
Back to top Go down
Filmjolk

PostSubject: Re: Tree log texture change?   Tree log texture change? EmptyFri May 31, 2013 6:35 pm

I looked through the CTM part of the pack and I did not see any connections to the actual face of the logs, not the tree rings (they are in the mod). Unless I'm overlooking something I believe it will work without any problems.
Back to top Go down
dodsonskan

PostSubject: Re: Tree log texture change?   Tree log texture change? EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 2:20 pm

You are one creative dude Fil Smile

Cheers for your efforts in checking for loopholes and this touch of graphics Smile
Back to top Go down
Filmjolk

PostSubject: Re: Tree log texture change?   Tree log texture change? EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 2:54 pm

I'm not saying it should be put into the pack, but at least try it out and see if you like it Smile
For me it makes it a lot more enjoyable when I make supporting beams with logs, since you can tell the different beams apart better. It kinda adds another element to log usage, now you have to actually pay attention to what side is up down left right etc Wink
Back to top Go down
Daisy_101

Admin

Daisy_101

PostSubject: Re: Tree log texture change?   Tree log texture change? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 5:00 pm

We wish to maintain a consistent look with SMP's Revival Texture Pack. So, The Kingdom of Latis does not support revisions of the texture pack, especially using textures from other texture packs. We do not have their permission and the wools and sponge, I edited myself from royalty free textures.
Please do not redistribute SMP's Revival Texture Pack with your favorite textures mixed/edited in, as SMP is against this type of "mash up" use of his texture pack and has told others no when asked if they could do it. If players wish to edit the texture pack themselves for private use, that is up to them. But you cannot redistribute SMP Revival Texture Pack with textures from John Smith on the forums or in the server.

edit 1: This includes providing direct links to players in the server.
~Daisy flower

Edit 2: If a player would like to create a 100% (all original art/texture assets) for Latis with a medieval feel, we would be willing to take a look at it. It would be subject to approval by all Royalty, but it would be very interesting and exciting to see this.
Back to top Go down
Filmjolk

PostSubject: Re: Tree log texture change?   Tree log texture change? EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 9:57 am

As the custom wool textures are not in the non Latis remix version of SMPs pack, it is my understanding that I can use them in another pack and distribute that, not as an official texture but for inspirational purposes. The wools are the ones that were added to the john smith pack, asking people to try out another texture pack never hurt anyone? The changed versions of the SMP pack have been for players who asked me personally to edit the pack for them (kingsteven, as he did not posses the knowledge. I have however now taught him how to fix the textures himself) and add specific things. The john smith legacy pack does not care about edits to textures:

"You can use, edit and share my textures as long as I'm credited, you are not allowed to make money with my work, and you are not allowed to use my textures in a customizer or in any other games else than Minecraft."
~John Smith

and also  "...do not redistribute SMP's Revival Texture Pack with your favorite textures mixed/edited in..." has never happened. The dokucraft textures were simply an example of the rounded shaped logs, the oak logs in SMP pack is kinda rounded but could still be improved, spruce lacks it all together. The dokucraft textures have never been put into a texture pack that has been distributed on the server or forum. If you read the post on the other thread I said use those textures (the 3 logs) or create our own more rounded textures.
The texture pack linked above is john smith legacy texture pack with your added wools.

If you are trying to say that you do not want anyone to link/advertise any texture packs on the Kingdom of Latis server and/or forum besides SMP revival Latis remix, then please say so instead.

Yes, we will create our own pack then, a Texture pack that can't be updated is not as good as one that can. In order to improve something, you need change. The question is what dimensions to pick, 16, 32, 64? Personally I prefer to work with 16 or 32. I could create a 32x pack and then scale down everything for a 16x pack, make some touch ups on the 16x and voila! two packs in one. I do not have the patience to make a 64x since it is 16 times as many pixels as a 16x pack is.
If you already have a pack in progress, I'd love to get on the team, even if it is 64x lol. Just please don't make me do a whole 64x pack by myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tree log texture change?   Tree log texture change? Empty

Back to top Go down

Tree log texture change?
Page 1 of 1