The Kingdom of Latis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Travel to a land of myth and adventure.

Home  Main Website  Latest images  Search  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» quester maker
Help us with a newcomer's guide to Latis EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 1:02 am by ozm8ey

» It my birthday
Help us with a newcomer's guide to Latis EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 10:27 pm by How92

» A new challenger approaches.
Help us with a newcomer's guide to Latis EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:20 pm by Komorga

» Citizen Requests
Help us with a newcomer's guide to Latis EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 11:58 pm by shadowninja1000

» I decided i would make a statue of myself
Help us with a newcomer's guide to Latis EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 8:32 pm by kingsteven0809

» Royals Statues
Help us with a newcomer's guide to Latis EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 3:17 pm by E_Hos

» Duping glitch
Help us with a newcomer's guide to Latis EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 8:32 pm by Trgomg

» Ideas for the server?
Help us with a newcomer's guide to Latis EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 11:48 am by E_Hos

» Help Im stuck...
Help us with a newcomer's guide to Latis EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 11:32 am by E_Hos

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posters
Daisy_101
Help us with a newcomer's guide to Latis I_vote_lcapHelp us with a newcomer's guide to Latis I_voting_barHelp us with a newcomer's guide to Latis I_vote_rcap 
dodsonskan
Help us with a newcomer's guide to Latis I_vote_lcapHelp us with a newcomer's guide to Latis I_voting_barHelp us with a newcomer's guide to Latis I_vote_rcap 
E_Hos
Brad_M_Wool
xXdracoMalfoyXx
Filmjolk
SparklySpartan
person4949
Trgomg
daring_u200020
Most Viewed Topics
This Forum
Ideas for the server?
Citizen Requests
Textures in the making
John smith texture pack with latis wools
Texturepack
Moving Day!
Mob Rider Plugin Added!!
Plugin Commands
Tree log texture change?

Help us with a newcomer's guide to Latis

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Daisy_101

Admin

Daisy_101

Help us with a newcomer's guide to Latis Empty
PostSubject: Help us with a newcomer's guide to Latis   Help us with a newcomer's guide to Latis EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 8:20 pm

What would have made your first week in The Kingdom easier?

We are creating a Newcomer's Guide to The Kingdom of Latis and we would like your input. Tell us what you think a new Citizen should know.
Some ideas we are beginning with:

How do I make money?
Is there a public enchanting table?
Where can I build?
Why can't I mine blocks?
Can I buy a house in Spawn?
Where is the Pvp world?
Repairing tools (aka Blacksmith)
What plugins are on this server?
Where is Dragon Travel?
Why can't I make a nether/end portal?

A list of helpful hints:
  *How to hide from mobs
  *How to join a Town/Faction
Please add your thoughts

~Daisy  flower

Last edited by Daisy_101 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
daring_u200020

PostSubject: Plugin questions people ask   Help us with a newcomer's guide to Latis EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 8:42 pm

Probably there should be a lot about NPCs...we've had several people join and think the NPCs were actually players. Besides that, the NPCs offer a lot of different stuff, such as quests with rewards, and the smith in spawn who will repair your items...I personally find him very helpful and I think new players will too. So here are a couple random ideas:
Who are the people standing around spawn?
What do they do?
How do I interact with them?

Oh, and another idea would be to mention the forums in there, because there are a lot of tutorials on how to use plugins and such on here, and new players would probably find that very helpful. Wow, another idea, while I'm typing the new ones keep popping up. A lot of players join because of dragon travel, and most have misconceptions and questions, so here would be some ideas for that:
Can I have my own dragon?
Can I steer the dragon where I want to go?
Does it cost money to fly a dragon?
Where can I find a dragon to ride?

Also, many players join because of magic spells, and here are some commonly asked questions:
Where can I buy/find spells?
Why won't this spell work? (usually it's because they are in the protected spawn area of forsaken)
What spells do I currently have?
What spells am I allowed to have?

Also, some basic questions that are asked and a few of the things that confused me when I first joined are these:
How do I get out of this tower? (when they VERY first join and don't know about the quiz)
How do I get out of spawn?
I'm not on Kingdom Isle anymore, but how do I get out of THIS world's spawn? I can't build here either! (my answer to this is usually "just keep walking" Smile

And unfortunately, the more annoying people who join ask questions like these:
Do I get anything for inviting my friends?
Can I have creative? I'm a REALLY good builder
How do I become Noble/Knight/Royal? (annoying especially when that's the first thing they say when they join)
How much do I have to donate to get Noble/Knight/Royal? Could also be stated as:
What do I get for donating?

Also, you mentioned how to JOIN a town or faction, but most new players want to create their own because they don't know anyone, and one of the main questions they ask is
How much does it cost to start a town/faction?
Well no new ideas as I type, so if I think of any more I'll put them later.
Back to top Go down
EpicLight

PostSubject: Ideas of what to put in the guide   Help us with a newcomer's guide to Latis EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 9:49 pm

Probably should warn them that if they mention that they are from PMC they will not be tolerated and will be banned cause everybody deserves a fair warning tongue little side note here but seriously if i were from PMC i wouldnt want to announce it because if i really were from it i would want to observe the players and how they react towards new or even expirenced players to see if the server was good or not lamabanana (derp)

~EpicLight
Back to top Go down
Daisy_101

Admin

Daisy_101

PostSubject: Re: Help us with a newcomer's guide to Latis   Help us with a newcomer's guide to Latis EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 10:27 pm

@ Daring - WOW Thank you so much! Very good stuff! I see a lot of these being used in the book.

@ EpicLight - Planet MineCraft has made it clear that they never send anyone into a server to "test it out" or "review it". If they would ever want to contact an owner, I'm sure they would get in touch with the person who posted the server to PMC.....and they would do it privately. Soo if a person joins saying they are from PMC, that means they watched a YouTube video on "How to become OPed on any server". They are lucky to just get a ban. If they catch us on a slow day they may get tortured and perhaps we post a video of us trolling them. Sorry, but I have no sympathy for hackers trying to burn the server to the ground.

~Daisy  flower
Back to top Go down
E_Hos

E_Hos

PostSubject: Re: Help us with a newcomer's guide to Latis   Help us with a newcomer's guide to Latis EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 11:03 pm

Is noble = to mod?
Is knight = to Admin?
Is royal = to Owner?

Is this medieval?
Do you have a texture pack?
Does the server have a website?
-What is the link?

~EHos  lamabanana 
Back to top Go down
Fishinriver

PostSubject: Starter kit?   Help us with a newcomer's guide to Latis EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 8:53 am

I know this isn't about questions you can add in the book, but what about adding some stone tools and some wood into the chest with the books at spawn. That could help new players start out faster. Maybe you could add l16 bread and a boat too?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help us with a newcomer's guide to Latis   Help us with a newcomer's guide to Latis Empty

Back to top Go down

Help us with a newcomer's guide to Latis
Page 1 of 1